Operating under the guidelines of the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act, OhioMeansJobs was created for Jefferson and Harrison County businesses and citizens in order to provide a single system that offers an array of employment, education and training programs and partners' services. The goal of Ohio Means Jobs is twofold:
- Coordinate programs and resources in Jefferson County so individuals have easy access to a seamless system of workforce investment services that will enhance their long-term employability.
- Access for businesses to employment and training information that will meet their workforce and developmental needs.
OhioMeansJobs is a combined effort of the following groups . . .
(by clicking on the groups underlined you can be linked directly to their websites)
- Jefferson County Commissioners
Provides county leadership
- Jefferson County Community Action Council, Inc.
Designed as the One Stop Operator for Jefferson County. Provides Adult, Dislocated Worker and Youth Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act services for Jefferson County Department of Job and Family Services.
- Harrison County Department of Job and Family Services
Family Support includes program areas which provide service and financial assistance aimed at promoting self-support and maintaining self-sufficiency. Programs include nutrition, medical assistance as well as long term care, workforce development and employment search services.
- Jefferson County Department of Job and Family Services
Provides the Ohio Works First Program, Food Stamps, Children Services, Child Support, Medicaid, Transportation and Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act services
- Ohio Department of Job and Family Services
claim services are processed online or by telephone only.
- Eastern Gateway Community College - Aspire
Provides the Aspire Program which offers educational opportunities for adults who lack the basic skills needed for effective citizenship, further education and productive employment
740.264.5591 or 1.800.682.6553
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities
Provides vocational evaluation, diagnostic testing, medical treatment, job training and placement services, and employment and training opportunities for disabled persons
TTY: 1.800.282.4536 (Ohio Only) or 614.438.1200
- Service Community Senior Employment Program (SCSEP) - Goodwill
Provides employment and training opportunities for low, moderate or no income job seekers aged 55 or over
- Veteran's Program
Provides employment and training assistance to Veterans
- Eastern Gateway Community College
Eastern Gateway Community College provides higher education and career preparation for residents fo Jefferson County and the surronding area. This public, two-year institution provides programs and courses to meet the specific needs of students seeking career-oriented education for job placement, general studies education for transfer purposes, continuing education intruction for job enrichement and advancement, and community education courses for personal interest. Training also is provided to meet special requirements identified by the business and industrial community.
740.264.5591 or 1.800.682.6553
- Jefferson County Joint Vocational School
Jefferson County Joint Vocational School has Adult Education programs which serves all communities in Jefferson County. The program is offered for two seesions a year and offers a variety of career enhancement courses.