For the Job Seeker . . . OhioMeansJobs offers:
- Local, state and national lists of job openings.
- FREE internet access to conduct on-line searches.
- FREE access to computers.
- Labor market information on increasing and decreasing occupations and Industries, wage estimates for specific occupations, and the educational and skill requirements needed for specific occupations.
- Staff assistance, videos, software and resource books on job search skills such as "How to Look for a Job," completing employment applications, interviewing, creating resumes and writing cover letters.
- Information on subsidized employment programs to help individuals who meet program requirements obtain job skills and find employment.
- Career assessment.
- Detailed descriptions of hundreds of career fields.
- Information on local and state training providers.
- Information on applying for financial aid.
- Information on filing unemployment compensation claims.
- Information and referrals to other partners' programs for services.
Following are descriptions and websites for employment and training.
OhioMeansJobs - This website allows job seekers access to thousands of job openings throughout Ohio and around the country as well as career information.
State of Ohio Job Search - This website allows you to search for State of Ohio Government jobs.
USA Jobs - The Official Job Site of the United States Federal Government.
Employment and Training Administration
www.ohioheretohelp.com - Ohio Here to Help is a one-stop source of information for Ohio’s unemployed workers and their families, and is unique in that it can quickly connect visitors to a wide range of information and resources from both public and private entities - that can help them search for a job, find education and training opportunities, and learn about other supports that can help them get through this difficult time.